There are over 3,000 four-year colleges and universities in the United States alone.
Chances are, if your child has started thinking about college, their email (and your mailbox) are overflowing with brochures, postcards, letters, and guide books from schools around the country.
How can you and your student sort through this mountain of information — some from colleges whose names you recognize and many you may not — to identify those that should be on your child’s radar?
I believe there are colleges which are uniquely suited to your child, and that we can find them.
Your child is unique. Their college search must be unique too.
I know how exhausting, worrying, and fraught with tension this time can be, even for the most level-headed and college-savvy parents. I hear parents ask many of the following questions:
- How involved should I be in this process, to ensure my child feels ownership but doesn’t get overwhelmed or hopelessly off the rails?
- How can I find the time to help them get everything done?
- What are the things I should expect my child to tackle on their own?
- I’m sure applying to college has changed a lot since I was in high school. What do I need to know about the current landscape?
- How can I keep this process from destroying our relationship?
- How can I help my child develop a list of colleges which is reasonable given our resources?
- How can I better understand what needs to happen, and when?
- How can I determine what these schools will really cost, and what aid may be available for my child?
How I can help:
- I am your child’s personal advisor, working with them — and you — to demystify the college search, application, and decision processes.
- While I’m not a financial advisor, I will help you understand the financial requirements associated with attending your child’s target colleges.
- I can introduce your child to resources for finding potential scholarships and grants.
- I use software exclusively available to educational consultants and counselors that can help your student determine which colleges are a good match and then manage the application process.
- My online systems collect all of your student’s college-going information in one place, and allow you and your student to access it from anywhere with any device.
- I will help you and your student determine which tests to take and when, based on the schools they’re targeting.
- I will help your student highlight their unique strengths and customize their approach for individual schools.
- I ensure your student knows what needs to be done and empower them to make the best decisions about their college choices.
Your student is practically an adult (as hard as that can be to acknowledge). They need to own this process, but they need guidance and your support to navigate this confusing and pivotal time in their life.
My job is to make this process easier for all of you so you can enjoy this exciting time as a family.
Families who work with me typically spend from $250 to $5,000, depending on their child’s age, how far along in the process they have already made it on their own, and how much assistance they want for various steps in the process.
Click here to read more about me, my background, and my work.
To discuss your specific needs and questions, send me a note and we’ll schedule a call.